The Highlands Resort Offers the following:
- Private Cabins and Rooms with Full, Queen and King size beds. Most with small refrigerators and coffee-makers.
- Large Outdoor Pool (nudity permitted), surrounded by redwoods and gardens. If you're wondering just what the 'clothing optional/nudity' thing's all about take a look at the 'Policies' page.
- Barbecue and picnic area. We have a large gas grill for all guests to enjoy and a number of tables and chairs that can easily be arranged to acommodate anything from an intimate dinner for 2 to a large resort wide potluck barbecue.
- Guest Lounge with TV and DVD player, games, books and a baby grand piano (with a fairly eclectic collection of sheet music...from classical selections to the theme song from "Flipper").
- In-Room TV/DVD: Nope. Ok, well we have two Suites that have 'em, but that's all. Look at the Pool Suite and the Garden Suite if you just can't live without TV. We are happy to loan you movies from our DVD collection to play on your laptop or you can borrow our portable DVD player. Oh and you should know our taste runs to the more light and silly than to bloody action flicks.
- Free Wireless internet - password available at the office. We also have a wired connection in our breakfast room for guests without wireless.
- Streaming video? No. Our bandwidth is not intended for streaming (video, music, etc) so please don't expect it. It is for surfing the internet and checking your email. We have DVD's for you to borrow (free), books (the kind with actual paper pages) and a doggy for you to play with. You won't be bored.
- Boarding Passes: Flying home after you leave us? We're happy to print your boarding passes for you.
- Massage therapy is available at the resort with Pamela Hettinger at '"Touch of Heaven Massage Therapy." Massage is done indoors in the "Tuscan Room" or, during the warmer months, outdoors in the center of a grove of redwood trees. We are happy to schedule an appointment or answer questions about rates for massage. Massage can also be requested when you make your reservation online. Book 72 hours in advance forthe best deal.
- Continental Breakfast served daily is included with all overnight stays. Breakfast consists of
- coffee, decaf coffee, assorted teas,orange juice, fresh fruit.
- Homemade Granola. We make our own and each day two of our special blends will be available. Flavors include: Highlands Original (almond/cranberry), Tropical (cashews, dried pineapple, mango and banana chips), Chocolate/Cherry, and Apricot/Pecan.
- Homemade bread and/or our famous Muffins. We love to bake and our guests reap the benefits. Some of our favorite breads are Banana Bread, Zucchini, Pineapple & Rasin Bread and various 'coffee cakes'. We are well known for our homemade muffins. Some of our favorites include: Lemon-Ginger, Orange-Bittersweet Chocolate, and Pumpkin/White Chocolate/Almond.
- Essentials & non-essentials:
- Iron & Ironing board available upon request (we're not very "pressed" around here).
- Hair dryer - we have one we loan out.
- Mosquitoes - not a huge problem other than a bit just around dusk . We have spray available at the office.
- Pool towels are provided to everyone in our rooms, cabins and suites. If you are camping you need to bring your own towels, bedding, pillows,...
- Pay telephone: We don't have one anymore... sigh, they came and took it away because everyone's using cell phones.
- Tent camping in our meadow is available in the summer months (B.Y.O.Tent).
- Day use of the resort is available daily from May 1st through October 31 from 10am until 6pm for a fee. See more information under Acommodations: Day Use.
- Guerneville: Only four blocks away you'll find all your essentials. Supermarket, ATM's, Post Office, liquor store, shops, restaurants, bars & so much more (like a medicinal marijuana dispensary and a vintage putt putt golf course).
A Little History · Amenities · Who We Are