- Sonoma County Airport (STS) – 25 minute drive from Guerneville. Easy with a good restaurant. Rental cars available.
- San Francisco International (SFO) – 2 hour drive. Huge with all major airlines.
- Oakland International (OAK) – 2 hours away. Slightly smaller and not usually as crowded.
- Sacramento (SAC) – 2.5 hours away and worth considering if the price is right.
Driving directions to Highlands Resort
- Take Highway 101 heading North.
- Follow 101 through Santa Rosa
- About 4 miles north of Santa Rosa, take the ‘River Road’ exit
- (do NOT take Guerneville Road)
- LEFT off the exit onto River Road.
- Follow River Road for about 17 miles to Guerneville.
- At the second stop light turn RIGHT onto Armstrong Woods Road.
- Go two VERY SHORT blocks and turn RIGHT on Woodland Drive.
- About 1/8 mile up the hill.
- Resort sign is on the left, then a clump of trees, and then our driveway.
- Head up the driveway to the parking lot.
- Total time: about an hour and a half in normal traffic.